Friday, January 30, 2009

Get Me A Map Please

I don't like to involve politics in my blog. No particular reason other than this is a place for my motorcycle adventures, but I will make an exception in this case.



This is our new President returning to the Oval Office. Look closely and you can see the door hinges to the right of where President Obama is trying to enter the room. Did someone forget to give him a tour and explain that he was elected and didn't have to sneak in through the window?

I haven't seen this on the news. That is only important because when Bush was in China and tried to make an exit through a locked door the media ran it for months. Now we have a dude trying to climb in through a window, in the daylight, and not a peep.

Double standard? Me thinks so, how about you?

6 comments:

Ann said...

LOL! That is definitely a double standard! What a riot! I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, though. Maybe he's just not accustomed to entering the White House in that area?

I definitely LMAO when I enlarged the pic! Thanks for the early a.m. laugh! :)

"Joker" said...

Oh I agree with you. I won't allow politics on my blog either, and if you believe that, I've got some land in Florida I'm trying to move...

There sure as hell is a double standard; this is but the latest example. During the campaign, Sarah Palin was pasted mercilessly because she flubbed on the "Bush Doctrine" during an interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson. Of course, they selectively edited it to make Palin look far worse.

Later, Joe Biden said the following in an interview with Katie Couric: “When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the princes of greed, he said, ‘Look, here’s what happened.’”

The only problems with that were that when the stock market crashed, Herbert Hoover was the President, and television was still in it's early experimental stages. Naturally, unless you actually saw the live interview, the only way you'd have heard about it was on Fox News or on the conservative blogs. The MSM all but buried the story.

Now Joe the genius is our Vice-President. I wonder if he knows how to spell "potato?"

B.B. said...

That's too funny!

fasthair said...

Obama is the presses golden boy he can do no wrong. I still say the press elected him and not the of the people for the people.

fasthair

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like he is talking to someone through the window, a white guy with a white shirt and a dark vest, not a reflection of himself. Perhaps this is one of the ushers that work there and he is asking him to unlock the door. I'm wondering where the secret service is.

Webster World said...

I'd say we are in DEEP doodoo if he can't tell a window from a door:)