Got out early Saturday morning to wash the rig and was going to install the right turn signal on Pigpen, but the flange isn't flat as there is a nut the protrudes about 1/8 of an inch and I'm not willing to drill that big of a hole in the side of the car body. So, I will have to come up with another option.
Got ready to take her out on the road for a real test and decided to put a toolbox inside the Pigpen for ballast.
That was the ticket I missed on Friday and at highway speed, with my ham hock hanging off the right side of the seat and shifting my weight between Pigpen and Petunia, right turns in the road were nothing. On the straight portions on the highway Petunia's steering was completely neutral and she tracked straight and true. I could have almost taken my hands off of the bars and she felt like she would still run straight. Tighter corners were another story, as it required some muscle to get her to turn. She ran very strong up to 70 mph and could have gone higher, but I'm not in that big of a hurry. 65 mph seemed to be just about right and the cruise control held her there without any issues.
Back into town I stopped at Wally World to get some cleaner for the tonneau cover and between there and home I discovered that right turns were still an issue. It seems I just wasn't putting enough input into turning the bars as required. I will be out working on that this weekend.
Still have a few finishing touches to be done, but all looks promising. Dexter came out this morning to check out his new ride. I hope he knows what is coming.