Pumped it up to 50 psi, did a few bounces on the garage floor, and headed inside for the all important bath test.
All was going well until about the 10 o'clock position. One spoke has a leak. Of course one lousy spoke has a leak. A quick, stupid, thought crossed my mind to just use a can of Fix-A-Flat, but it evaporated as quickly as it entered. I marked the leaker and will pull the tire off, reseal the leaker, coat the entire rim again, wait the week for it to set up and mount it again.
If it doesn't work then I will just have to go with a tube.
On another note, with the tire aired up it is apparent that I will have to go to a 1" drive belt. I expected that, but was waiting to confirm before buying the parts. I'm off to shop and break down the tire.
Broke down the tire and cut out the leaking spoke area. This is what I found...
The 3m 5200 Adhesive not only pulled off rather easily, it pulled all but 5 of the Seal All nipple covers off. The remaining 5 were way to easily peeled off!
I then used a scrub pad to clean up the rim and ALL of the residue wiped off without any effort at all and with just water.
So, it is an abort on running tubeless. While being hard headed is one thing, being stupid, especially on the motorcycle, is quite another. If the stuff that is supposed to keep the tire inflated can just be wiped off I can imagine what would happen at 65 MPH on a hot day rolling across the desert somewhere.