Next was to remove the tire. I let all the air out and installed the Dyna Beads to balance it. This is my first time using them and it was an easy process. Next was to drive out the swingarm pivot shaft. I had sprayed it a few weeks ago with penetrating oil and it just slipped out nice and easy. Unbolted the shocks and the swingarm practically fell out.
Ready to pull the primary innards and put on the new 1" drive belt.
Looked up at the dash for a long longing look at what I've been missing.
I thought I had all the parts I needed, but as I was removing the exhaust I found at least three missing bolts or nuts that I need to replace. Removing the primary cover I noticed the horn wire was damaged in two locations, so I need to repair that. I also have to go have the split in the fender welded. Because the fender is buried under/behind the accessories I will just primer it, but not have it painted. Just add a touch of character to Petunia.
At least I am heading in the right direction and making strides toward completion of this project.