Monday, April 24, 2017

Funday Sunday

I made the executive decision to work on the condo Sunday instead of riding. I have to be ready to have the granite measured next Monday and don't want to put it off. So, I grouted the kitchen floor.

Then I was cutting the edge tiles on the back of the kitchen wall in the living room. Laying it all out I came upon a big problem. The floor has a settlement crack the length of the room. Seen them before and usually not that big of a deal. But, the two foot length of the tiles means the floor has to be leveled out.

This is with the bar shimmed to level. Just after the crack the entire floor has a low spot. I will be using some concrete leveler to float it out.

This little hiccup had the potential to mess with my schedule. But, I'm going to fix this and have decided to hire a cabinet installer for the kitchen cabinets. The cheapest cabinet to be installed is just over half of what I can get them installed for. One miss directed screw would mean waiting for a replacement cabinet, plus the cost of it. While an installer could also have that problem I'm thinking I am more likely to have it happen.

With the floor stopping the tiling process Sunday, I did the only thing I could think of. I went for a ride! Headed out on Stella to look at appliances. It was in the high 90's when I left. I will say ATGATT on a near 100 degree day, when making multiple stops, was a pain. After two stops with salespeople being less than truthful I will just turn to Home Depot or Lowe's. 

Sunday afternoon traffic was busy, as expected, but the closer to out of town I got the better it got.  It wasn't until I was out of town that I realized the vents on my helmet were closed. It also clouded up and the temperature began to drop. With the vents open it was quite pleasant to be out on Stella. 

I logged in just over 90 miles of smile inducing, much needed, wind therapy. I was nearly back into town when the best part of the ride occurred. Mr. Harley rider pulled up next to me at a light, revved his loud pipes, and made motions that he would outrun Stella when the light changed. I let him leave first, but quickly hit redline for two shifts and Mr. Harley was in my rear view mirror. I slowed and he passed me like he was doing something. Stella had her first drag race, and first time hitting her redline, and did quite well.


1 comment :

Trobairitz said...

I am glad you got out for a ride even if it was appliance shopping in the heat.

Bummer about the floor, but at least you know it will be done properly when all is said and done.