Monday, February 23, 2009

In Honor of the Women I've Loved

There are times when men should just lighten up and let the women we know enjoy a nice quiet poem such as this one.

A WOMAN'S POEM

He didn't like the casserole

And he didn't like my cake.

He said my biscuits were too hard...

Not like his mother used to make.

I didn't perk the coffee right

He didn't like the stew,

I didn't mend his socks

The way his mother used to do.

I pondered for an answer

I was looking for a clue.

Then I turned around and smacked the shit out of him...

Like his mother used to do.


Thanks to my little Sis for sending this to me and reminding me what You Momma would do.

8 comments :

  1. I love that. Who said women can't be logical?

    By the way, one of my fellow instructors and a good friend just left for Phoenix. He's taken a position as Director of Engineering at KPHO CBS 5 down there in Phoenix. Don't know if he'll hook up as an instructor but I would assume so.

    Our loss is your gain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost Erma Bombeck-ish! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending this one to my wife! She'll laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come no one told me threr was a poem about Ann?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He must have been a newlywed.

    Ride on,
    Torch

    ReplyDelete