Monday, February 2, 2009

With Regret My Friends

It is with deepest regret I report the following:

Punxsutawney (punx-suh-TAW'-nee) Phil's forecast was announced in front of thousands of revelers gathered at Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, about 65 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. They gathered Monday morning in near freezing temperatures, with many revelers buoyed by the Super Bowl victory by the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday night.

While the little beast was making the prediction, I noticed that wry smile knowing the Steelers had slipped by our Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl. But, at least we have the sun.

5 comments :

  1. They may have won the Super Bowl, but they have at least 6 more weeks of winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand Punxs-a-whatever Phil and his bleeping shadow. Damned lot of nonsense. Gobbler's Knob??? Should be the other way around as far as I'm concerned.

    Oh, and my condolences by the way, I was routing for the Cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is... if someone grabbed me up out of my nice warm bed and put me out in the cold, I'd go back in too!

    Have they ever thought he went back in because of all the crazy people and the paparazzo everywhere? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's supposed to be 47 here this week! Hopefully the little Punxa thingy is WRONG!!!

    And...BOOOOOOOOOO about the AZ Cardinals....I was broken hearted Sunday night! Kurt Warner is Awesome and it sux the rest of his team wasn't!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter that the game was won by a few points at the end. The Cardinals walked away men either way.

    ReplyDelete