Friday, March 27, 2009

The Unveiling

This is the nearly finished version of Petunia and the Pig Pen. I still need to find some type of spray adhesive to glue the carpet back down. My only complaint about posting the pictures is I haven't installed the new wide white wall tires I have in the garage. Putting those on will really add the finishing touches to make her stand out.

Jim at Young Customs did an outstanding job in painting the Pig Pen. He has posted before and after pictures on his site of the Pen when I picked her up. I sent him a couple of these finished product pictures as well because she looks even better with all the trim on. I would say that Young Customs exceeded my expectations in quality and service. If in the Phoenix area and needing paint or bodywork give Jim an opportunity to help you out. I'm really glad I did.



Fasthair asked in the tease about the 03 Harley trim. For those who don't know the trim on 03 anniversary Harleys have Harley Davidson written a zillion times on the tape as shown on the left. My understanding is the tape isn't available for purchase. So, the stripe (right picture) on the Pig Pen is just a matching light gray. I will be honest and tell you that I owned the bike for about five months before I ever saw the script. Most people don't even know it is there. The matching that Jim did is spot on in color.

So, she is road ready in time for Arizona Bike Week. After another week of being under the weather I'm hoping to get out this weekend and ride. Maybe if I hadn't ridden Petunia to school three days this week I would have kicked this by now, but that is how it works. Riding in high 40's/low 50's in the morning and then in the upper 80's in the afternoon, along with a bunch of kids who don't know how to cover their mouth and nose when they sneeze, makes a cold linger. Yes, it started about the time I was in Laughlin, but I'm blaming the little darlings anyway.

I hope all of you get a chance to ride this weekend and enjoy some nice weather.

7 comments :

  1. I didn't know that about the '03's. I guess I'll have to look closer.

    She looks great! Glad you're up and running for bike week. I hope we will be, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job he did. Good luck with it; I hope you have fun.

    As far as that tape goes, it's funny you mention that. I just posted about my buddy Fred re-doing his '03 Heritage Springer. Because you can't get that trim tape anymore was one of the big reasons he did what he did. He took all the old tins and his tank off and put them away while they're still good shape. That way if he ever feels like returning her to stock, he can do it fairly easily. Buying another tank and fenders let him change the color of his bike to have a different look for right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! Glad you'll be up and running for Bike Week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That contraption is cute. 3M makes some good spray adhesives like 3M™ Super 77™ Multipurpose Adhesive.

    Ride on,
    Torch

    ReplyDelete
  5. admit it, you painted the side car so I wouldn't try to get it for Rosie :)

    Looks good. Enjoy!

    -Peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, Thank you and I hope gets Annabelle up and running.

    Joker, Thanks. It is going to be a lot of fun.

    BB, I have to say it even looks better in person. Now it is time to ride.

    Torch, Thanks. The 3M Super 77 wasn't so much. It didn't work, so I'm still looking.

    Allen, I would fess up, but it would make me look bad. So, I'll just be content knowing that there is just a thin layer of paint keeping the Pig Pen attached to Petunia rather than Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks really nice! You've given me a lot to think about. I'm no where near ready for side car action yet, but I enjoyed watching your progress here.
    One never knows what the future may bring.

    ReplyDelete