Saturday, April 25, 2009

Nation's Capitol

Greetings from our Nation's Capitol. I have been here for five days and am ready to return to my real life Sunday. The conference has been the worst I have ever attended because of the number of cancelled sessions, But, it was also the best conference because of the history of this Country that I have only read about.


This is the US Capitol looking north from our hotel. This was our first view of the history of the city. This is only the second historic city I have ever visited and they have both been because of attending conferences because of my teaching career.



This was my view of the White House during a night walk. It was a six mile hike from our hotel, but a great walk. This was taken Friday and we had to wait for about 45 minutes for a temporary event.

The history of this city is world renowned and I will post more in the next couple of days. All of the, 235, pictures I have taken are different from what have already been published. This has been a great week and the history has enthralled me.

More to follow.

3 comments :

  1. Looks great - I've always wanted to go there. It's on my "to do" list with the family for a vaca some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm headed to DC right now for a series of meetings. I heard that it is hot already. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went there for Rolling Thunder last year, best ride of my life. Great place to visit and way many things to see and do.

    ReplyDelete