Monday, April 27, 2009

Quirks of Life

After a great six days in DC I come home to these items.

It is Monday and I go to pick up Petunia, but after a week she isn't ready. Seems the cam shoes were the worst John has ever seen. Worst as in both sets were in the bottom of the oil pan and he won't finish her up until tomorrow. Knowing I was out of town and being extremely busy I suspect is why she wasn't done. Not that big of an issue really in the scheme of life.

Bigger issues are rearing their ugly head around AHD land. Seems my pop is having health issues again. The January scare was behind us, but now with stroke symptoms showing and I begin to worry again. He is going to Louisiana this Wednesday for the yearly business trip, regardless of the opinions of anyone. I just can't let him drive himself there, so I will be taking another week from work to do the driving. There are no planes in Pop's 82 year old world and nothing will stop him from going. So, rather than chance something happening to him, or someone else, I will step in and do what I feel is the right thing to do.

I can always ride Petunia another day, but I don't how many other days I'll have with my pop. Life does have its quirks.

4 comments :

  1. I totally get it, Paul. I hope your pop is ok. Have a nice trip, and when you get back, let's have that drink we've been talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sort of situations are the worst ones for me to deal with. But, no matter how much control we may think we have over our lives, there're always those times when we just "have to."

    Hope it all works out and things get back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are doing the right thing . It will also give you bonding time and memories for you to reflect upon at some future time. For myself, I don't have that option anymore and can only think of the good times past.

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're taking the time to take your Pop on his trip. I'm sorry to hear that he is having health problems, but, even though it's distressing for you, I have to say good for him for not giving up something that is important to him.

    ReplyDelete