Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ryan Patrick Baumann: American Hero

I'm sick of the King of Pop killing himself with a drug overdose dominating the news for the past week. Lost in all of the news coverage is a US solider who also died last Friday, just before Independence Day. Sergent Baumann was fighting to give us the freedom to be as stupid as we want to be. I agree with his aunt who wrote to a newspaper questioning if our priorities were misplaced.

My priority is to help remember Sergent Baumann for his heroism and to tell his family thank you for raising such an honorable son. I am saddened by your loss, but understand that it only because of young men and women the caliber of Ryan that this country has any chance of survival. God Bless Ryan's entire family, friends, and fiance. From the bottom of my heart I thank you.


Photo courtesy of LAUREN SMITH


Sergent Ryan Patrick Baumann died last week in Afghanistan while serving with the U.S Army, and was remembered Monday beyond his roles in life as a son to his family and fiance of his high school sweetheart.

Rest In Peace Ryan.

9 comments :

  1. thank you Ryan. rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in total agreement.

    Thank you Seargent Patrick Ryan.
    May this country never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. RIP Sergeant Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more. Rest in peace son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr.AHD: Amen brother. Thank you Ryan and God bless you and your family. I would also like to pass along this link I got in an email this morning. Warnign incredibly hard to watch.

    http://e.blip.tv/scripts/flash/showplayer.swf?file=http%3A%2F%2Fblip.tv/rss/flash/2257594&showplayerpath=http%3A%2F%2Fblip.tv/scripts/flash/showplayer.swf&feedurl=http://repdavis.blip.tv/rss/flash&brandname=blip.tv&brandlink=http://blip.tv/%3Futm_source%3Dbrandlink&enablejs=true

    fasthair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, Amen...Amen

    Thank you for throwing this up in everyone's face.

    Thank you Sgt. Patrick Ryan. It's a shame that someone with so much living to do gave it up for what he believed in. Man, my heart always aches.

    "As stupid as we wanna be"...oh man, I don't think anything would have fit better. Well said...I would know because I exercise that gift on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you AZ for posting this. Sgt Patrick Ryan is the true Hero! He's someone that we should hold up above any celebrity! Thank you for sacrificing your life so we can be free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God Bless Sgt. Ryan and his family.
    He is the true hero.

    ReplyDelete
  9. R.I.P. Sgt Baumann, I am a veteran of the Rhodesian bush war and it pains me to see the way the death of a celebrity, whose life was a total waste would take precedence over the death of a true hero. My sincere condolences to his family, may his memory live on.

    ReplyDelete