Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sights of Sturgis

I got a refill and will post Saturday evenings doings.

I stopped at an establishment in downtown Sturgis for a cool beverage because it was warming up and these two lovelies were tending to the needs of weary travelers. Easy on the eyes and the beverage was ice cold. Life is good in Sturgis!





Next I went to the Sturgis museum and saw sights like these old beauties.






On the way back to the bike I ran across these two hawking water. There was a crowd, but I didn’t see anyone with water. I stopped in at the Full Throttle Saloon before reaching the Chip and pulled an embarrassing bone head move. They were so full they were sending bikes into the arena. As I was turning in to stop a young lady backed up in front of me and I grabbed a hand full of front brake and landed on my ass. Of course there were about 300 people witnessing this marvel of riding skill and I got a standing ovation. Welcome to Sturgis newbie!


Later there was a lady wandering around in nothing but a cowboy hat. News of her spread like wild fire and the guys looked like ants swarming toward honey. Even the old guy next to me took off to go see her. His return brought proclamations of her beauty and nearly perfect titties for a woman about forty and complaints that he couldn't take pictures because his wife wouldn't understand.


A bit later it was off to the amphitheater for the evenings show. First up was a group called the Classics of Rock made up of four guys who used to be in the Alice Cooper band, Earth, Wind and Fire, and two others that slip my mind. They spent as much time hawking their CD as playing. Besides the bands there was live entertainment all around us at the venue. You could take your pick of guy and girl, girl and girl, 2 girls and a guy, but when 2 guys started it was quickly broken up and they left. Chuck Berry was supposed to start at 10:30 and there were people up on the stage doing an insane "Check, check, 1,2,3......," until 11 and then it was announced that it was a Tina Turner Tribute group. I went back to the tent and went to sleep. I did learn that I need to take my camp chair to the next concert because standing up for four hours isn't for me. They also allow motorcycles to ride in for the show and folks park and sit on them during the shows.

13 comments :

  1. Hey...the Fryed Brothers Band is playing at the Knuckle Saloon in Sturgis Tuesday thru Saturday! You have to go see them! Let us know what you think!

    Hmmmm, hot chicks selling water; naked chicks in cowboy hats...you must be in Sturgis! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll have a water or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you beat us there! :) We are in Mitchell! We will be in Rapid City on Monday!! Looks like you are having a blast. That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suddenly I have an unquenchable thirst.

    -Peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your enjoying..have one for me..three or four if you want..might even have a drink if you find time..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only $2 for water? Worth it a twice the price.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. side back saloon gal has fantastic legs!!! damn wheres my bikini!!! woohoo azhd, let the party begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And where the hell is the pic of the cowboy hat girl?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you found more beautiful sights! LMAO!!

    Chairs for concerts are a must. We would pull up in our golf carts and watch the show... but then again... you don't have a golf cart do you?

    I'm sure you'll figure something out. Just have fun and keep us posted. This is very cool!! I'm not feeling so left out this way. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm enjoying reading this! It is one of my goals to do Sturgis some time soon, quite a few of my South African buddies have done it, they piss me off strutting around with their "Sturgis Rally" tee shirts! See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm enjoying reading this! It is one of my goals to do Sturgis some time soon, quite a few of my South African buddies have done it, they piss me off strutting around with their "Sturgis Rally" tee shirts! See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry - I didn't mean to post that twice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Freak'in bike circus! Love it love it. Looking for more picts and hope you are having a great time. Don't stare too long or you will go blind.

    ReplyDelete