Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend Wrapup

I did get in a bike ride this past weekend, but that is only the second best thing I did. Sunday found me taking my daughter, son-in-law, and two grand daughters out to breakfast. After breakfast it was back to their house to spend the rest of the morning, up to nap time, playing in the sand box, pushing the swing, pulling the wagon, playing catch, and generally being at the beck and call of these two beautiful little bundles of joy.






Saturday was overcast, cool, and perfect for the East Valley BACA Run. It took us out to Superior, Arizona, out US 60, for a stop at Los Hermanos. I am going to have to go back and try the food soon.






Surprise, surprise, surprise! There were critters lining the streets in east Mesa.



















While I spent time with the grandbabies Linda, her daughter, sister, and grand daughter were walking in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. It has been reported that the male coach of the ASU women's softball team penned the slogan, "Save 2nd base." I've also heard that some people don't get it and that is the part I don't get.

It was a terrific weekend and I spent it doing my favorite things, biking and Poppying. Been a busy week having conference with parents and it will last until six tonight. But that means out of school for a week at noon tomorrow. That is why I love this job!

9 comments :

  1. How the hell did I miss those critters??? Glad you and Linda took care of it for me! lol

    Your granddaughters are beautiful, Paul!

    There were people who didn't understand Save 2nd Base??? Hmmm.

    I have a parent-teacher conference next week. I can hardly wait. NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...I think we ate at Los Hermanos on a poker run last year. From what I remember, the food is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an agent for CRAAP. (Coalition for Repelling Animal Abuse Poses) YOU ARE IN VIOLATION!

    Cute grandspuds! I wonder what kind of grandpa I will be?...scary.

    I'm all for saving 2nd base!...but what about 1st base? This younger generation just gets to the point now don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Save 2nd base" has to be one of the most clever slogans I've heard in a long time, but the story I heard was that it was some high school students came up with it. Whoever did it, it was brilliant.

    Looks like a great weekend - critters and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a couple cutie pies! No wonder your at their beck and call! The look like they love their Grandpa!!


    "Save 2nd base"... love it! Those who don't get... probably don't get it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful girls! I'm glad you got to spend some time with them!
    Awww, the animals, makes me long for the days of Williams! :)
    And good for Linda and her girls for walking for a cure! HI LINDA!
    I was going to make the same comment Lady R made about 2nd base. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just whetting my appetite We are expecting the first grandchild in January. Ultrasound says "boy". Can't wait!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWWWWHHHHHH!!! they are precious.. great looking family azhd.

    save 2nd base, lol thats excellent...and true dammit... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing better than spending time with the Grand babies. You are blessed my friend.
    John

    ReplyDelete