Friday, November 13, 2009

Veterans Day Ride

Change just for the sake of change isn't always a good thing. Take my blog as an example. Last weekend being bored I changed the format and went from something I was comfortable with to this new style. I like the look of the new style, but it isn't as user friendly as the old style. Maybe I'm like my students and don't want to put in the effort to learn something new. Well, I'll give it a couple of posts to see how it shakes out before giving up and returning to the old me.

I've already posted the short video of Ann popping her highway cherry. This is just a bit more on the ride. Wednesday was a warm day for us desert dwellers, with an overcast morning of 61 degrees and raising to 89 in the middle of the day. I’m talking Chamber of Commerce weather. The kind of weather that makes folks say, “I just gotta move there.”


This was the view behind me as we made our way out to Lake Pleasant Road. That is Ann directly behind me nearest the yellow line. The only problem with this formation is Big D would pull right up next to me at stop lights and when it turned green it was like a couple of school boys racing to be the first one out to the playground. The bad thing about that is that damn Marie is a lot faster than Petunia and I was beginning to get a case of acceleration envy.





These shots are out on New River Road and give a great idea of just how perfect the weather was on this Veterans Day. After eating lunch at Rocks Springs Cafe it was decided that we would take the long way home. A girl just needs to log miles and a guy is happy to go along with that plan.







We made a stop out at Lake Pleasant just to take in the view. I haven't been out to this lake in years even though it is the closest to my house. The other lakes are farther, but the roads in to them are a lot more fun to ride on with all of those twisties.

The only think about it minute on the ride was coming back into town on Grand Avenue. We were closing on the first traffic signal in the last 50 miles and of course it turned red. Big D and I were close, but the other bikes wouldn't make it, so we braked to a stop. Everyone stopped as you would expect and when we stopped right after that to get a drink Ann said,"Hey Paul, I saw you watching that mirror back there. Worried about a Harley enema?" Wasn't worried about her stopping though, she has proven her ability to handle that Annabelle, but on any quick stop that enema thought does cross my mind be it a Harley or a Buick.

Hey Ann, ever ridden to Bartlet Lake? Lots of great bends in that road.

6 comments :

  1. Sounds like your having all the fun the law will allow. Remember...no no no on the Harley enema. lol
    John
    (Oh yeah, Amanda was a friend that I promised to feature prominently in my blog. Didnt say how just that I would.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harley enema? hahahahahahaha! sounds more like Harley colonoscopy.

    Wez' gotta' get out there again. We have tried a few times but something always comes up. $$$$

    I don't think it will be too much longer. Yeah, BigD's bikes seem to give me a bit of envy also, and I don't envy much...thinking that I need to eat more beans. I know that is how he is getting that boost off the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AZHD: It was a great ride! I'm so glad you could come with! I think Bartlett should be the next big ride for me! :)

    Dave: You peeps from Cali must get your asses out here soon!!!!! And go ahead and eat those beans, he'll still take you off the line, baby! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day to ride in! I'm so jealous. While ya'll were out running the roads, I was slaving away at work listening to a bunch of whiny patients. THAT'S JUST WRONG!!

    All kidding aside... I love watching Ann come into her own as a rider. Sounds like she's having blast! Thanks for letting us come along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day!!

    Keep the riding stories coming! I laughed at the Harley enema part. I'll have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Days like that...are what ridings all about.
    What happened to the 'OUTLAW' video?

    ReplyDelete