Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Huge Thanks To Viking Dave

The brake report is in and it is exactly what Dave warned me about on Sunday morning.  The clutch cable wears against the brake line and wears a hole in it.  While I couldn't get a good picture of the hole, you can clearly see the worn area that blew out.  Yes, it had a plastic wire protector over the area and it is worn through as well. 



Ladies and gentlemen, this hole was impossible to see and I found it by putting fluid in the master cylinder, pumping the brakes with one hand and tracing the line with the other hand. The damages are about $60 and waiting for 5 - 7 days for the special order to arrive at my local Harley Dealer. Well, not exactly MY LOCAL dealer as he wanted $157 for the brake line and the one 28 miles away only wanted $57. I don't know why the difference, but in both cases it had to be ordered.


How fortunate am I that this happened at the end of a 450 mile weekend of all highway speed riding, two up, and pulling a trailer?  This again speaks to that little voice that we all seem to have.  I've met Dave on two rides and he mentioned this possibility both times. This time Dave seemed more insistent and less than six hours later you can see the result. The evasive actions needed weren’t all that drastic, but no response to your brake peddle at 75 mph is a puckering experience.


So, a hearty THANKS to Viking Dave for planting the thought into my head. I owe you Brother and am thankful for your persistence. Now the rest of you get out there and check your brake lines.

UPDATE 4/28/10  Stubbs Harley called this afternoon to say the part they ordered and I paid for was an obsolete number and the right part was a hundred dollars higher.  Then he asked if I wanted to cancel or pay the hundred when I pick it up.  Well, you can't ride without brakes so I didn't get a smoking deal afterall.












15 comments :

  1. Damn! Glad Dave planted the thought in your head. Glad you're ok, too!

    So I guess Buddy Stubbs was cheaper? Arrowhead is always a ripoff, so I know that was the local one, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know your Harley Dealers Ann. Stupid me always thought Harley was guilty of price fixing anyway, but in an effort just to see if Stubbs had it in stock I saved a hundred bucks. Guess the old saying, Let the buyer beware, isn't just a saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm. i checked bob's lines after the brake line post of daves and all was well. but im thinking i'll now put a rubber sleeve on the lower frame lines that rub anyway. hmmm. glad you're ok azhd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when Dave is right about stuff, it sure makes him hard to live with! :)
    Glad you guys had fun, wish I would've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm just glad that you didn't eat asphalt bro! No thanks necessary. I owe you because you are one of the few people who actually listens to the crap that spews from my pie hole.

    Thankful you were able to get the problem defined. Ride safe!...errr...in a few days anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’d send a note to HD about the price difference. Something’s wrong with that. The Dealer here is priced the same as HD’s web site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just curious Georgin here. How many miles did Daves bike and yours have when this happened? Did the front brake fail to. It's good to have none juice brakes on the back like I have , recon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms M, I'll be putting some kind of something over the new one for sure.

    BB, I'm not happy he was right, just that I listened.

    VD, It is going to be a loonnngggg week for sure.

    Willy D, I updated the post explaining the price difference.

    Wooley, I have 55,000 miles on Petunia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that sucks about the price, but just FYI...Stubbs usually is cheaper. See you on the road! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arizona Harley NanaApril 29, 2010 at 8:46 AM

    Really really really glad I wasn't aware of the brake problem while riding on the back of Petunia with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Almost sounds like Stubbs looked up the part # wrong the first time and the other shop looked it up correctly. As long as it gets fixed and Nana is safe and happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you found the problem.
    Nice way of finding it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. $$ im with willyd. stinks its so expensive, but still just glad its fixable and turned out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Harley Dude. Glad you are ok.
    How's school?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems pretty shitty that you were quoted a price and already paid for the part. Then they find THEY made a mistake and you have to eat it. A proper business would have honored the original deal or met you half way on the price. It just makes for good business and return business by the way.
    I never jacked anyone when I had my small engine business. If I ever underpriced a job it was my fault and I did not expect the customer to make up the difference.

    ReplyDelete