Friday, May 28, 2010

Where Does The Time Go?

Where in Hell does the time go? It’s the end of May already? Four and a half days left at this school with the sorry excuse of an administrator? Thirty days until the next chapter of AzHD’s great motorcycle adventures explodes onto a blog post on your computer screen? This year is blasting by and there are times I think I’m missing some of it.

On a good note I am reuniting with a former principal next school year and am looking forward to being able to focus on the students again. The wedding plans are progressing in an acceptable manner. I’m almost all moved and getting ready to put the finishing touches on my house in preparation for the tenants moving in. The planning for the summer ride has taken on a newfound importance and priority as the days roll by.

I am starting to seriously search http://www.byways.org to find roads that I want to travel in the states I am visiting for the first time. On my original departure I will have five days to cover 2400 miles to get to Buffalo in time to pick Linda up at the airport. That is an average of 480 per day. I know I will at least double that the first day as I have been to Oklahoma City four times on the bike. From there I start looking for the Blue Highways that hold the allure for me by allowing the ride to slow to a more relaxed, enjoyable pace.

The anticipation of the sights, smells, sounds, and adventure that await are building and waiting is getting harder every day. This road trip promises to be different than the ones for the past several years, as it will partly be shared riding two up. If Linda can live through those nine days with me and Petunia, marriage should be a piece of cake.

5 comments :

  1. Yup, this year is a hobo year for me for sure. All no cash flo rides, which are the best ones in my book.

    If your lady makes the 9 then you got it made for the rest of your life!

    Only a road whore would write something like this. Congrats! Your a whore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be carefull old man, those roads are addicting...that nine could turn into waking up one day and asking "how the hell did I get here"? Happened to me in my youth...LOL sounds like you have a lot of fun planned.
    John

    bikin-ridin-nwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh, azhd, it really sounds like you're having mostly (work is work, lol) divine times! i dont think you're missing a thing, i think you're enjoying the best of things :) and i cant wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing that worries me is when you said: “The wedding plans are progressing in an acceptable manner”. As the male of the species, the only ‘plan’ that you need to be concerned with is plan on being there for the wedding, somewhat sober. The rest of it is women’s work. You just have a cold one and go for a ride. Tell Linda she doesn’t have to yell at me. I’m sure my wife will bitch me out for that comment ;)

    Buffalo? Were you going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave: I wear that title proudly

    John: There is guaranteed fun out on the road for sure

    Ms M: I have to admit that life is pretty sweet

    Willy D: Linda is flying to Buffalo and we are spending July 4th in Canada at Niagara Falls. Then it is off to points east...Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and into Boston where she leaves for home.

    ReplyDelete