Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Ride Put On Hold

Regrettably, I have to put my summer ride on hold and will be out of touch for several weeks starting immediately. I have been very upset about the impending damage to the Louisiana coast, so when I received the call for help in clean-up and saw the picture of the oil soaked creatures that are washing up on the beach at Grand Isle, I immediately decided to answer the call. These poor creatures (as you can see) need to be thoroughly scrubbed and a lot of protective oils need to be applied before we can clothe them again. The call is loud and clear and the Obama Administration is not offering any assistance. While the Obama Administration does an environmental study these poor creatures cry out for help. It’s a humanitarian duty I cannot decline. Wish me luck.















11 comments :

  1. AHD - LOL. I am tempted to change my route and come and join you in the hour of need of these poor creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You my friend are a great humanitarian. For the sacrifice you’re about to make I’ve submitted your name for the Nobel Piece Prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness, here I was getting all warm and fuzzy, silly bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! hmmm, i wonder if thats a good exfoliater? moisturizer? ummm, bet thats good for the hair... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arizona Harley NanaJune 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM

    Oh, pleeezzzeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, oh...I'm so honored to know you man! You are a true humanitarian...as a matter of fact, I think I need to ride out there right away to help out with this effort!

    My next question is for B.B....why in the hell are you getting all warm and fuzzy...but then again, the thought of you and this poor creature together, with me in the middle scrubbing both of you...well...errrr..........!!!!!

    heh, thanks for the laugh today! my verification word is; fecou...maybe that's not oil on that poor girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you'll hurry up and get on the road you can meet up and ride down to the coast with me.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dave- I was getting warm and fuzzy thinking about him going and cleaning those poor little animals, silly! That was before I saw the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a great human being. If you need my assistance, I'll throw a bed roll on the Harley and be right behind ya.

    -Peace

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure know how to motivate guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm leaving right away to help you in this time of need. It will be HARD on me to help these poor little critter's but I think I can muster the courage to help.

    ReplyDelete