Monday, July 12, 2010

15 Days On The Road

I am spoiled, selfish, really lucky, and am 5,365 miles into Summer Trip 2010 sitting in Montgomery, Alabama. The beans have been spilt, so I get the pleasure of having dinner with Dianna, Lady Ridesalot, and her husband Harley. It is my belief that more of the Blogging community should just contact the folks who write the blogs they read when in their area and say, “Hey, got time for dinner?” If more of you would do that I wouldn’t feel so forward barging into Salinas and now here in Montgomery.


Whatever the case, anyone who reads my blog has a standing invitation to drop in if in the Phoenix area. Wait, is that OK with you Dear? Meet and greet dinner during the week, dinner and a ride in the area on the weekend, whatever options work for all parties concerned. Remember Phoenix is a dry heat. Getting to meet and put personalities to the faces adds to the enjoyment of reading the blogs.

Changing the subject….I have ridden through, and colored in, 45 states on a motorcycle. This summer alone I have covered 15 new ones. I have reached the goal I set when planning this ride and while it has been fun I am beginning to feel the pull to the house. In the morning when I leave Montgomery I will be slabbing it up to Interstate 40 in Memphis and eating up the miles. The back roads have been awe inspiring and taken a lot longer than I anticipated, but it has been a fantastic trip. Planning and leaving is always fun, but getting home is good also because then I get to start planning the next one. Just might include Hawaii.

7 comments :

  1. My step daughter lives in the phoenix area and my brother used to live in Phoenix. Too hot for me but she loves it. I like to visit in the winter. It's nice to get away from our frozen tundra of a winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! well now azhd: "It is my belief that more of the Blogging community should just contact the folks who write the blogs...when in their area and say, “Hey, got time for dinner?” If more of you would do that I wouldn’t feel so forward barging into Salinas and now here in Montgomery". ummm, azhd, lol, you're not forward you're sweet, but hey i'll play and say that sounds fabulously like a little bit of a dare. lol, i love it :)

    have a fabulous time & dinner with ladyR and mr ladyR! have a restful evening. and have a great ride west my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you get back, SoCal to Phoenix is just a day's ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner was good... but the conversation was better! It was nice to be able to meet the man behind the words.

    Sorry you weren't here over a weekend. We could have actually cut loose a little bit. I feel like my reputation is at stake! Woo Hoo! LOL!

    I hope your remaining miles are quick and uneventful, as I know your ready to be home. I'm glad to have officially met you and good luck with the rest of your states. Can't wait to read about 'em!
    Take care Dude! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you have met your traveling goals. Continue to have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a roadwhore AZHD! Geeezzz...you promised to come back here first!!!!

    Heh, awesome. We are going to take you up on that. yup, just going to take you up on that.

    Glad you are having a great time. Glad you were able to hook up with the LadyR. I wanna' do that too someday here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belle’s jealous that you got to meet Romeo!

    ReplyDelete