Friday, November 18, 2011

Tis is the Season of Giving

As we move into the season of giving and are asked to remember those who are unfortunate, it is important to think about who to donate your hard earned dollars to. Don't be fooled by the hype! Check it on Snoops before opening your wallet!



What an eye opener.... As you open your pockets for the next natural disaster or Holiday, please keep these facts in mind:



The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses .



The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits.



UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,000 per year (100k per month) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE. Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause.
 
 
 
The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 Billion dollar organization. 96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.
 
 
 
The American Legion National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!
 
 
 
The Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!
 
 
 
The Disabled American Veterans National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!
 
 
 
The Military Order of Purple Hearts National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and Their families and youth!
 
 
 
The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their Families and youth!
 
 
 
If you feel the need to sacrifice and donate to a cause, please think about supporting those who support our Veterans. I know their day was last week, but we should remember them every day. Especially during this Holiday Season.

10 comments :

  1. I donate to Goodwill in Golden, CO- mostly used clothes and furniture. I also give $$$ to local charities that provide meals for people.

    I despise United Way and have ever since the early 80s when I worked in a union shop. The shop stewards would come around and urge us to donate our 'fair share', then they would proceed to tell us exactly what that share was. I looked at a list of organizations that the UW gave money to and they included left-wing law firms defending people accused of crimes against the United States. So UW didn't get a dime from me after that.

    Happy Holidays, Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that post. I have kept my distance from United Way and UNICEF, but I never new the things you posted. I prefer giving to local charities that I know. I also like donating to veteran groups.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know about the american legion else where but the ones around here wont let vietnam vets join. as a wife of a vietnam vet that i am proud of i would have to think hard about donating to them

    carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, thank you azhd (and comments), very useful info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your style AHD. I was also asked to give to the UW through my Union when I was much younger. When I investigated where the money would go I found that much was spent on paying celebs to come to events. The celebs were also given limos to and from these events. I found that 70% of the donations went to Admin. costs. That was in 1977. I can't imagine it being any better now. That was enough for me to figure out where my money was most needed. I now give only to charities that give 100% of the donations (of my hard earned money) to what I see as just causes. Who better to give to than the men and women who gave so much for us. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every year, Harley and I will pick two local charities here in town and give them a donation. I also bag up old clothes and what not to take to the Boys and Girls youth home.

    It's seems a real shame when someone asking for money to help, thinks it's okay to pass on a mere fraction of what they collect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post. I don't know what the specific numbers are here in Canada, but I expect they're similar. So our donations go to the Salvation Army and local shelters where the money gets to the people and not the administration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The information on the VFW is incorrect. The C-in-C recieves $195.000 per year, The Senior Vice recives 165,000, and Junior Vice recieves $125,000 Just goggle VFW commanders salary

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Friend you may have been duped.
    Disabled American Vets
    Chief Executive : Arthur H. Wilson, National Adjutant and CEO Compensation $288,412
    Rating 55%
    Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Rating 44.7%
    This group http://www.military-money-matters.com/charities-ratings.html#axzz1f1S38N7r gives Veterans of Foreign Wars and Foundation (C-) rating!
    Better Business Bureau could not even rate it because-NONDISCLOSURE
    This Charity did not provide requested information. As a result, the Better Business Bureau cannot determine if it meets standards.
    I found a good article which puts down many of the military charitable groups-it is from 2006 th. And it says 2 good ones are Fisher House Foundation (FHF) and Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund (IFHF). Ones most have probably never heard of-I know I haven’t.
    Another suspicious thing-all the Military Non Profits say the “ National Commander” makes 0 salary. So they are comparing National Commanders to CEO’s. Tricky comparison. Shouldn’t they compare CEO’s to CEO’s?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ‘Charity begins at home’. Take care of your own. No one else will.

    ReplyDelete