Monday, July 28, 2014

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a Polaris?


Polaris is stepping into a new type of motorcycling with the introduction of the Slingshot. Labeled a motorcycle you need a motorcycle endorsement to operate it, as well as follow helmet laws.

Sounds like an interesting vehicle to me and I look forward to checking it out at the dealer just down the street from me. Was supposed to launch July 27, but you never know when they will be hit the showroom.

Follow this link for more information:

  http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/07/27/2015-polaris-slingshot-motorcycle-review-first-ride-three-wheeler-photos-specifications

8 comments :

  1. Motorcycle? Well, OK, if they say so...

    But whatever it is, that thing looks like an absolute riot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this a lot on Facebook. I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting vehicle. But back to more important things. I hear that you're putting the hack back on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard M; I have been working on it. Needs to cool off in the garage to continue. Thinking of making Dexter a biker dog, so he can go with me when I hit the road.

    Trobairitz; First I saw or heard about it was yesterday on Yahoo. I do want to go look at it, but for $24,000 I think I would opt for a Miata....it has air conditioning, a top, and a trunk.

    Lucky; I agree it would be a hoot to drive/ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul:

    I think I'd rather have a Miata. You don't need to wear a helmet or riding gear and you have a much larger trunk.

    bob: riding the wet coast

    ReplyDelete
  6. with? it looks like an Enzo front end? could be fun… :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops ^, damn autospell… meant WTH :)
    there, worked that time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like it could be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete