Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hello, Dexter Highjacks the Blog

Hello, this is Dexter! My daddy is attempting to make me a biker dog and I'm not sure I'm a willing participant!  Being four years old it is hard to learn new tricks. Granted, he was willing to try small steps, like taking me to the Dog Park, but after peeing and playing we had to get back in that loud contraption!

OK, he did get baffles and it isn't as loud as before, but I'm little and not sure I even want to be a biker dog.  He tells me it will be a lot of fun and there are great things to see in the world. We went for a 75 mile jaunt a couple of weeks ago and I refused to go again the next day.  I need small steps, not gigantic ones!

Daddy has been asking every day if I want to go on a motorcycle ride and I get excited, but not sure if I'm ready.  He takes me outside, I smell the great fragrances, but when it is time to load up I chicken out.  Well, today it was time to take the chance.  It was a perfect day, cool, partly cloudy, to get our ride on.

We left about 9:00 AM in cool weather, up something called the I17.  Daddy was happy that Petunia pulled us up something called 7 mile hill/Sunset Point without any trouble at all.  Once up the hill we pulled over at the Rest Area to take a break and allow me to stretch my legs.

We met some humans. The lumpy ones were my favorite.


 Well, until I found some more my size.


 This is me leaving Sunset Point  going to a place called Prescott.


This is just after stopping in Prescott at the county court house.

 We walked around and I got to wet some trees.


 Daddy told me how good I was being and that he loved me!


 I hate Doggles, and refused to wear them, but as the day progressed my eyes started to bother me.  Daddy stopped and made me wear them.  I resisted, but they did help my eyes, so I pretended to be OK with them.


 Here we are almost home after almost 200 miles! I can't believe I rode almost 200 miles!!  Until today the most I have ever ridden is 75 miles.  I'm not sure I want to admit I had fun, but we were outside, I made some new friends that I may never see again,  we went on a couple of walks,  Daddy kept telling me I was a good boy, and the Doggles made my eyes feel better.

This being a biker dog might just work out for me. Especially if everyone thinks I'm as cute as they did today. I think I might need to get a leather jacket to keep me warm and dry if it rains.  Daddy mentioned a camping trip in the next couple of weeks. Not sure what a camping trip is, but today didn't hurt me and I did have some fun.

10 comments :

  1. Dexter it's your friend Sash! Do you remember how much we cuddled when I came to visit?
    I just wanted to tell you that my first ride on my own motorcycle was 75 miles, just like yours! And my second ride was 200 miles too. So if an old gal like me can do it, a cute pup like you can too. And the photo of you looking at the camera is fricken adorable!
    You're a great dog!
    Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dexter!
    you are far more brave and accepting than me! and it looks like you're having so much fun! yay! :) ms m says i'm like a rattler in a harness, hehe... i just tell her; silly mom, you forget who runs this place! ;) but honestly, i really wish i could ride just like you! :)
    signed, your pal, senor cinco

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps, have fun doing that camping thing! i cant wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray Dexter!! So awesome you are catching on to this riding thing.

    Think of all the things you'll get to sniff (and wet) when camping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray Dexter!! So awesome you are catching on to this riding thing.

    Think of all the things you'll get to sniff (and wet) when camping!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sash; of course I remember our cuddling! Thanks for the compliments, but a hug would be better. Maybe we will meet p on the road one of these days.

    Charlie 6; thanks, maybe I will get another chance to share my travels.

    Senior Cinco; My daddy says you're a cat and while you would be harder to train to ride, people have done it in the past. Tell your mom to go for it and you have to promise not to scratch her up!

    Trobairitz; I know, every time I get out I find great things to smell. I think I am looking forward to the camping thing, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dexter ... the 'dawg'les are ... 'daw' ling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, I'll be in the Tucson area in November, can you name a couple of places I can go to eat? Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon; Mr An's is great for a Japanese steak, sushi, and seafood (http://mrantucson.com). I tried to look up a great Mexican Restaurant, but couldn't find the one I went to. There are several brew pubs, but reviews are mixed at best. Look around there are some great choices.

    ReplyDelete