Sunday, February 15, 2015

New Project

Well, about 750 miles on Petunia since the transmission rebuild and all still seems well.  I have mostly been riding her daily around town, but have had her up to highway speed on several occasions.  I think I am still just a touch gun shy of trusting her yet.

Dexter has become a problem, as he isn't cooperating with riding.  Not sure how this is going to work out, but fighting him to get in the pigpen and having him miserable isn't working for either of us.  Treats don't even work anymore.

Now I am into a new project for my daughter.  I allowed myself a two week window, but after two days I'm already a day behind my own timeline.  Funny how as I get older things always take longer than I remember in the years gone past.


This is where I started, getting final approval before she leaves for school.


 This is two hours after the fun has begun.


9 comments :

  1. Two weeks! It took me a lot longer since I kept running into new problems every time I took something else apart. I ended up taking everything out to the studs and starting over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard M; It is out to the studs! The back together phase has begun. Lucky so far with few problems that weren't self inflicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps borrow a friend's dog who actually likes sitting the sidecar....show your dog the competition? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie6; LOL! The little beast is friendly, but that might make him snap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you. I remember when we renovated our bathroom. If it is the only one in the house, you can do it in less than two weeks, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Dexter hope he comes around (have you threatened a 'puppy sitter?')
    I have no doubt that you can complete the bathroom reno within your time line but for now I hope your daughter has a friendly neighbor with a shower to share (I'm no expert but that tub looks like it won't hold water.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trobairitz; Thank you. She has 2, but also a roommate. She won't be putting any pressure on me until next Sunday.

    VStar Lady; My daughter is spending the next 9 days at her mother's house. The construction dust isn't good for her. Hey, it isn't good for me either. Even with a dust mask I am blowing dirt clods out of my nose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand. My sons and I ripped apart 90% of my nearly 200 year old house (what was I thinking) one summer vacation. Ventilators all around! One day I may even finish the project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ugh, renovations, the worst. Spent almost 9 months renovating and I still am not over it yet. Hope you have better luck.

    ReplyDelete