Saturday, September 2, 2017

Finally.....An Adventure

Well, it has been forever since I have embarked on an adventure. But, that is changing as I have a need to take care of some business in Louisiana. The date was settled, Stella got her fluids changed, new tires were installed, but the route was ever changing as is my  preferred method of operation.

My usual just get me there route usually takes me across Interstate 10 and through Dallas. I have made that drive many times in as little as 18 hours one way, but this time I wanted to expand the road time. I decided to make a swing through Houston just to shake things up a bit. Adding in a few states to Stella's history seemed a great idea also. This and tempting Tornado Alley seemed like a worthy adventure after not traveling in such a long time.




But, then I began to think slab riding is kind of boring. So, on Google maps I clicked the button to avoid those truck infested miles of mostly nothing between home and there. A new, never explored before route using secondary roads was instantly presented to me for consideration.




Adding a mere 221 miles should add ten fold to the adventure. I am taking the Southern route going and the Northern loop on the return.

AND THEN THERE WAS A HURRICANE! Oops, a fly in the ointment. Reevaluation time.    

7 comments :

  1. When I first looked at the map I was wondering if this was a planned trip or a past trip. Any road trip is a good trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is/was a planed trip, but in this case the route makes it a bad idea.

      Delete
  2. Yep, a detour around the hurricane-impacted area would be wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect I could run the Northern leg both ways, but that would be boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet there's county roads paralleling that northern leg...to keep things a bit varied.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, the hurricane puts a bit of a wrench in things for you. How long before you leave and will things ease by then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was supposed to be the end of the month. Will keep an eye on the recovery, but if is anything like New Orleans and Katrina it will be years and still be completely back to normal.

      Delete